Thanks

Default Ralph from California and Udon Thani

Hi folks

I've been into the blues since the age of 15 (1969) when some of my classmates in North Haven Connecticut and myself formed a band and played John Mayall and Butterfield BB and Canned Heat and listened to Robert Johnson and the Progressive Blues Experiment on eight track. And of course, the Stones.

Yo, moderator, my wife was born in Nakon Ratchasima and lived in Udon when I met her. I've been hospitalized in Wang Sam Mor. I have never heard any blues played outside of BKK and even there pretty sparse. I spend a week or two each year visiting the in laws near Warichipum.

I remain a big fan of Johnny Winter and am constantly debating people as to whether he is more authentic than SRV. They're probably jamming together right now. Palmdale CA where I live right now is a mean town. Hot, dirty, crime and drug ridden. But not a small town. In 1977, Big Jim Ockert was shot while performing on stage with his jug band. When they came out with the Blues Brothers movie, I wondered if chicken wire could have helped him.

we're moving to HAWAII as soon as my house sells. I'll be listening to BB King's Bluesville on Sirius and whatever local slack key stuff they have.

I'm a lawyer and I represent people on death row. So I have firsthand experience with the blues. I've been around a long time, really paid som dues.

Ralph

BluesLover
    Thanks

Ralph, so glad you're with us, mate. You've paid some real livin dues, on top of your intellectual, heart & soul passion for Roots Blues.

Social justice spins right off the Blues, yeah?

So then, our listening histories happen to be parallel; and we're both citizens of the world (I went to The University of Manchester, England 1968 & 69, and was a New Left Hippie in that era; have worked as a Behavioral Consultant in Italy, Germany, Cuba, Hawaii; and remain close friends with my Manchester roommate who I visit in Connemara, Ireland).

You have a lot to offer us here, Ralph, and I think we have some nuggets for you, and support as you make yer move and get to know Gabby Pahinui and his slack key friends up close.

Cheers,

Doug

BluesTalker
    Thanks

Welcome to the forum Ralph. I am very familiar with Palmdale as I use to live in Lake Hughes and worked in Lancaster. Been retired since 2006 and live in Korat with my Thai wife. Check out my YouTube music channel as you might like the music.
    Rdrokit Power channel, rock/blues & roadhouse music.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc4...9lEgoWa39iqEgA

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rdrokit For This Useful Post:

BluesHawk (11-15-2018)

BluesLover
    Thanks

Hey, Goat, Rdrokit invited you to check his Youtube channel, so I did and discovered he's a fan of my dear departed friend, Sean Costello. If you dig Chitlin Circuit Blues, Sean's deep in the roots:

https://youtu.be/dlwoe9HXbOs