Thanks

Default Sell collection?

Hi, I've just inherited a collection of around 500 CDs and DVDs, overwhelmingly blues. It's not my thing so I'd like to dispose of them, but I'm not sure if they have a value - I'm sure there's some unusual stuff, but also a lot of people don't want CDs these days. I'm in the UK (Leeds), and unfortunately they are located several hours drive from me (Luton). I took a few pics , but they are a bit grainy zooming in. Should I take them to a dealer? Auction in one big lot online? Any advice please? Thanks in advance.

Link to pics is at goo.gl/q9m97U

BluesTalker
    Thanks

Not worth much as most of that music is online for free with the same quality as a CD. If they were vinyl they might be worth some money. If there is a used music shop in the neighborhood I would ask them what they are worth. They might give you a few quid for them. Otherwise donate them to a public library who has a cd collection.
    Rdrokit Power channel, rock/blues & roadhouse music.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc4...9lEgoWa39iqEgA

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rdrokit For This Useful Post:

BluesHawk (11-15-2018)

Thanks

Thanks Rdrokit, looks like you're right. Only the slightest interest from music shops, who say very few people buy CDs anymore. Looks like it might be the charity shop gets them for free.

BluesLover
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NabWood View Post
    Thanks Rdrokit, looks like you're right. Only the slightest interest from music shops, who say very few people buy CDs anymore. Looks like it might be the charity shop gets them for free.
    Hey, Nab. That's a good quality problem ya got there, mate. I like Rdrokit's suggestion...libraries are worthy "charities", underfunded but trying to serve all the community. Including those who might be stuck without the newest technology and so rely on CDs & DVDs.

Cheers,

Doug