Thread: Hey Everyone

Thanks

Default Hey Everyone

Hey Y'all,
    Here in Wayne county Tennessee. Always have loved the blues. Just started playing guitar and my focus is going to be older roots blues. Came here to better understand like minded folks and get my pathway a little light from those who've been there. I don't post much but I will try to get all the information that I can. Thanks for letting me in.
    Arcadia

BluesTalk Member
    Thanks

Welcome to the forum. Check out my YouTube blues channel as you might find some artists you like. Get over to Memphis much? I always wanted to visit Beale Street and the blues clubs there.
    Rdrokit Power channel, rock/blues & roadhouse music.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc4...9lEgoWa39iqEgA

BluesLover
    Thanks

Welcome, Arcadia. Roots is my main interest, too, and I've focused a lot on the region from the Mississippi Delta which includes East Arkansas, up to West Memphis & Memphis; the earliest recorded musicians up through the 1960s.

You say you don't post much. Can we help you to change that a bit? We're interested so please tell us about your guitar and some of the musicians you're listening to.

Doug

Thanks

My favorites are Muddy, Lightnin Hopkins, Robert Johnson and a bunch in between.

I gotta say I was raised in Milwaukee and saw a lot of bands in the 70's. Didn't see many real blues gods, except Buddy Guy, SRV, Robert Cray plus some i can't remember. A lot of real rock and great guitarists.

I have a Gibson Les Paul '00 in black, Sqier Strat & Tele and just bought a project guitar. It's an Atlas hollow body that I want to make into a total blues guitar. I've been writing some songs too.

I'm a knife maker working on a bunch of stuff for a big show coming up. After that my focus will be on learning there guitar.