BluesTalk Member
    Thanks

Default I think I've found my perfect rig

Played in a weekly bar jam last night. Lately I've been taking one of my acoustic guitars because 1) it's just a jam and 2) one trip in from the car. Last night I took my Fender Pro Junior and an 80's Vantage VP795. I recently upgraded the speaker in the Pro Junior to a Jensen P10R. Last week I took the Pro Junior and my SG. It was very good. This week for some reason I decided to take the Vantage. It hadn't been getting much play lately. It has the original MMK-45 pickups and mini switches for coil tap and out of phase. The frets have been professionally levelled and the setup is very low with .009's. It's a really easy guitar to play. Last night was one of those nights where everyone was in the groove. We had four guitars, bass, keys, drums, and a couple of singers on stage. The bar was full and the dance floor was rocking. This rig was perfect for the vibe. The Pro Junior is a very simple amp, 15 watts with a volume and tone control. I set the volume and tone at 1;00 O'clock and never changed them all night. The Vantage is so versatile I get everything from Nile Rodgers funk rhythm to down and dirty blues by playing with the guitar controls and switches. It was one of those magical nights where everyone was in the groove. I think this is what every musician strives for, tonal bliss and the audience and the band are all in the same spot.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kerry Brown; 07-06-2018 at 10:30 AM.

BluesLover
    Thanks

Default Amp first, guitar controls second

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Brown View Post
    Played in a weekly bar jam last night. Lately I've been taking one of my acoustic guitars because 1) it's just a jam and 2) one trip in from the car. Last night I took my Fender Pro Junior and an 80's Vantage VP795. I recently upgraded the speaker in the Pro Junior to a Jensen P10R. Last week I took the Pro Junior and my SG. It was very good. This week for some reason I decided to take the Vantage. It hadn't been getting much play lately. It has the original MMK-45 pickups and mini switches for coil tap and out of phase. The frets have been professionally levelled and the setup is very low with .009's. It's a really easy guitar to play. Last night was one of those nights where everyone was in the groove. We had four guitars, bass, keys, drums, and a couple of singers on stage. The bar was full and the dance floor was rocking. This rig was perfect for the vibe. The Pro Junior is a very simple amp, 15 watts with a volume and tone control. I set the volume and tone at 1;00 O'clock and never changed them all night. The Vantage is so versatile I get everything from Nile Rodgers funk rhythm to down and dirty blues by playing with the guitar controls and switches. It was one of those magical nights where everyone was in the groove. I think this is what every musician strives for, tonal bliss and the audience and the band are all in the same spot.
    First, Kerry, you were in that Zone of Creativity, eh? When The Muse is working through you. There's no better feeling. So congratulations on your contribution to that magical jam.

Second, congratulations on your perfect rig. And I took note; amp at 1:00 all night, relying on guitar controls for stage performance.

Thanks,

Doug

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BluesHawk For This Useful Post:

Kerry Brown (07-06-2018)

Thanks

I never change my Amp sound and or settings all night. Its to messy and can ruin a sound checked perfect setup. I might tweek a pedal to give a little more or less attack or tone sustain etc as sometimes i just feel like i need more.. It's all about the groove.