Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BluesTalk Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SashaS View Post
    Hi Byron!

I envy you a bit, in a good way of course! I couldn't see all that as I was born right after that was happening. But I've been a fan for decades nevertheless, especially of the Doors and Hendrix.

That is really good, non-mainstream is usually more interesting to explore, at least to me.

I'd love that. I'm kind of re-discovering the Stones these days/last couple of years, so that would be very special to me. I've heard some of the contemporary stuff from Mick and Keith (fun fact: I drive close by his house every day on the way to work) but not that much. Please let us know here when you create that new playlist? though I'll probably subscribe anyway but I don't check on my YT subscriptions that often.
    I should put out the playlist out Sunday night so check next Monday. Not sure you have heard Samantha Fish. Great singer and guitar player. Saw her last year when I was in the states. Went with an old high school friend who I've been friends with for 50 years.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqjBzJ8IqcI
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rdrokit Power channel, rock/blues & roadhouse music.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc4...9lEgoWa39iqEgA

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rdrokit For This Useful Post:

SashaS (04-12-2018)

BluesTalk Member
    Thanks

Thank you for the link - really enjoyed her performance, going to watch more of her now!
    Did you see her in NYC as well (as the video is from)? maybe next time I could be your "young" friend to go with and see/hear some good music.

P.S. Will look forward to the new playlist!

BluesTalk Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SashaS View Post
    Thank you for the link - really enjoyed her performance, going to watch more of her now!
    Did you see her in NYC as well (as the video is from)? maybe next time I could be your "young" friend to go with and see/hear some good music.

P.S. Will look forward to the new playlist!
    Saw her at the Blue Note in Napa California. Also saw Janiva Magness in a small club in Oakland. She is an old time blues singer and Grammy nominee. Not sure you have heard of her. I usually don't make it to the east coast as my sister lives in Seattle and I visit her every couple years. My old high school friend lived in Napa but has moved to Palm Springs. Not sure if there are any blues clubs in P.S. lol Janiva, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhrWtC9gInk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rdrokit For This Useful Post:

SashaS (04-12-2018)

BluesTalk Member
    Thanks

Samantha - I heard of her and saw her (online) before but did not get into it. Yesterday and today have been to a whole bunch of pieces by her.
    Thank you, listening to Janiva.

Thanks

Great choice of some great music,a lot of which i have not heard.Just subscribed,i am new here a of last night.

BluesTalk Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Downhearted Beginner View Post
    Great choice of some great music,a lot of which i have not heard.Just subscribed,i am new here a of last night.
    Thank you for subscribing. Glad you like the music. I have an extensive music library and want to share it. Thought the YouTube channel would be a good way. A lot of the songs in my library are already uploaded by other users and some songs in my library are not yet on YouTube. What I have tried to do is upload the songs individually not yet on YouTube and create playlists of songs in my library that are already uploaded. Hope that makes sense. Just put up a new playlist with Stones music and songs from Mick's, Keith's and Ronnie's bands. A lot of people do not know the each of the Stones band members have their own band. Charlie has a band but they play jazz which is not my favorite genre.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rdrokit For This Useful Post:

SashaS (04-16-2018)