Thread: Hi from Poland!

Thanks

Default Hi from Poland!

Hi!
    I'm Chris from Poland. I just like blues music and a little play it on my SG. So I think i'm in the right place.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

SashaS (03-14-2018)

BluesLover
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Hi!
    I'm Chris from Poland. I just like blues music and a little play it on my SG. So I think i'm in the right place.
    Hi, Chris, welcome to our BluesTalk Forum. You'll find friends here as well as solid Blues history, and current info about music, instruments, and contemporary musicians. We're a mixed group of Blues fans, casual hobbyists, back porch musicians, mostly serious hobbyists, some researchers, a few luthiers & techs, and some professional musicians or producers.

You're participation here, Chris, is especially meaningful for me because I'm a Pogorzala-Litke, with family roots in "Prussia". My paternal Grandmother, who's father was a Litke from Eastern Germany, used to play harmonica and sing for me. Of all things, her favorite tune was Bluesman Leadbelly's "Goodnight Irene".

My paternal Grandfather left the tiny rural parish of Siedlec-Sroda, Poland, with his parents and five siblings in about 1889, sailing from Hamburg to Ellis Island, New York City, USA.

You seem to have pretty good skills with English. Maybe you live in Poznan, or Krakow... How'd you get so good? So tell us where do you live and where are your family's roots, Chris?

Witamy,

Doug

BluesTalk Member
    Thanks

Welcome to the group, Chris!