BluesLover
    Thanks

Default interesting examples of Gibson quality control

This guys sounds knowledgeable, objective, and sincere. He presents interesting examples of unreliable Gibson quality control:

https://youtu.be/3ZFzuNiEL1A

Thanks

I've had several Fenders that I loved. I've played Harmony's, Silvertones, and Kay's that I loved, as well.

The only Gibson products I've ever touched that blew my hair back were their acoustics, which, in my opinion, they are better at making than almost anyone (albeit over priced on them).

I have an early 60's Kay "Value Leader" that I spent 50 bucks on, and that's all I have right now. I NEVER have to tune this guitar and it plays immaculately.

Gibson has had some serious missteps recently, for sure. I've never really liked how they feel in my hands, and I'm not a huge humbucker fan, so...

Sent from my Z815 using Tapatalk

BluesLover
    Thanks

Default Gibson's bankruptcy may help

Found this recent article on the web:

GIBSON made an ill-fated acquisition of Philips' consumer audio division four years ago for $135m. Gibson will now pull out of that business, and focus on musical instruments. Chief Executive Officer Henry Juszkiewicz, who bought the company in 1986, said the Chapter 11 filing would assure the company's "long-term stability and financial health"...

Under the bankruptcy measures, Gibson will wind down its consumer audio business, whose brands include KRK, Cerwin Vega and Stanton headphones, loudspeakers and turntables.

Gibson sells more than 170,000 guitars annually in more than 80 countries, and said electric guitar sales jumped more than 10% to $122m in the 12 months to January. Lenders including Silver Point Capital, Melody Capital Partners and funds affiliated with KKR Credit Advisors will take a stake in the company. Gibson aims to exit bankruptcy protection on 24 September.