Thanks

Question Looking for an amplifier for Hammond XB-2 for rehearsal and small gig's.

Hello everyone

I'm Gino, living in The Netherlands, Eindhoven. 2 years ago I started to play in my Dad's bluesband, 1 year after I bought a XB-2 from my piano teacher.
    I love this instrument and the band loves it too. But at rehearsals I play through the PA together with my dad (singer). I hear myself very good and really know how loud I sound through the speakers.
    At our gig's I am troubling every time with my sound. Or I can't hear myself but the audience can. Or I hear myself very loud (compared to the rest) but the audience can't hear me.

Now our guitar player said that it would be a good idea to buy a amplifier for myself. Which I then put behind me when I play so I can get a idea of what the audience is hearing. (Also I'm completely new with playing in a band.)

How do you guys do this and what are my options if I don't want to spend a 1000 Euro?

I tried to search on the internet but didn't really find my needs specific.
    What I did find was, that a stereo amp would be good to match my leslie similator. Also a lot of keyboard player have like their own PA-system with 2 speakers. But then again I'm totally a newbie with this kind of electronics and it's hard to understand all the aspects.

Hope you guys can help me out.

Thanks

Gino

BluesLover
    Thanks

Welcome, Gino. Glad to have a Hammond man on board. I remember watching Keith Emerson with Nice playing through a whirling Leslie. You may have to find a Forum for XB-2 musicians...I'm sure there's one. Check this out:

https://www.organforum.com/forums/sh...r-Hammond-XB-2

Or a forum for B-3 and they'll know what will meet your need at a low price. I buy used, very carefully, but I've never been burned.

Keep us posted, mate, we'll help ya get what ya need.

Doug

Thanks

Hi Doug, thank you for your reply.
    I registered at this forum and wrote the same message I wrote here.
    organforum.com/forums/showthread.php?51886-Looking-for-an-amplifier-for-Hammond-XB-2-for-rehearsal-and-small-gig-s

feel free to join the discussion, once someone replied

I also wrote a message at gearank.com/guides/keyboard-amplifier#powered-pa and this guy did answered me with some options.

Thanks!