Thanks

Default Music Supervisor Getting Some Blues Exposure Here

Hello,

I'm a music supervisor in the film and music industry and I've recently licensed a few blues songs in a documentary. These were Lightnin' Hopkins' "Lonesome Dog Blues" and Lazer Lloyd's "Heavy On Me." I'm on board as the music supervisor on an upcoming film called "6th Street Blues" and will be working with some blues artists and listening to (and licensing) a lot of blues. I'm also working on a documentary about Earl Gilmore. I've been a music supervisor for 13+ years and this year has been the most exposure to blues music I've ever had.

This evening while researching the 1920's blues song, "I Don't Know Why All You Women, Love These Real Young Men," I came across this site and found it very interesting. I had to take a break from work and check it out, register and write this post. I was highly impressed that there are posts going back to 2002 and the site is still getting a lot of activity. There's not too many forums that have lasted this long and is still as active as this one is.

This site is definitely a great place for me to increase my exposure and knowledge of the blues while working on these new films (and hopefully more blues themed ones in the future). I'll probably be reaching out to some of you seasoned blues aficionados for some good blues music knowledge.

Now back to work.

Dominique

BluesTalker
    Thanks

Welcome aboard!
    Thanks for digging and supporting The Blues!
    We love 'em!
    There are some knowledgeable folks and fine players here.

BluesLover
    Thanks

Hey Dominique. It's great to know about your music supervisor projects related to Blues. This forum is a rich international mix of:

1) scholarly Blues lovers who are into the history and field research;
    2) serious hobbyists who play roots Blues, both older acoustic styles and early electric urban styles; and
    3) working musicians who play & record professionally (if only avocationally).

You can get almost any question answered or resource located here...if we don't know, one of us can tell you where to find what ya need.

Doug

Thanks

Doug,

Thanks for the reply. I'm actually going to take you up on the expertise of the forum on this blue song. I've been researching it off and on for several weeks now and have not been able to find anything on the original writer or any old recordings.

It is the 1920's blues song, "I Don't Know Why All You Women, Love These Real Young Men." I'm music supervising a documentary about Earl Gilmore and there's a clip where he performs this song. Depending on when in the 1920 it was first published, it may or may not be in the public domain.

If anyone has any tidbits of information that would point me in the right direction, I would truly appreciate it.

Best!

Dominique