Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BluesLover
    Thanks

Hey, Tinsmith, just caught with the latest on Scott:

http://buffalonews.com/2013/09/14/bu...ake-the-stage/

BluesTalk Member
    Thanks

That's something I wouldn't do - use a case or body humidifier with an older guitar. I have concerns about the wood and glue and with a case, mildew or the like. I do humidify in my NY in the winter with a room humidifier. I use an essick brand now. I used to use a vornado but they can develop leaks on the bottom.

The reason I use a humidifier is I found that the neck angle seemed to be shifting relative to the tuning when resting - always seemed to go high with humidity and low with the dry winter whether and the shrinking of the body was encouraging side/top separation on the acoustics.

My acoustics are from the 30's-70's and not top line products. My bobKats seem to be ok in either so far.

BluesLover
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slide496 View Post
    That's something I wouldn't do - use a case or body humidifier with an older guitar. I have concerns about the wood and glue and with a case, mildew or the like. I do humidify in my NY in the winter with a room humidifier. I use an essick brand now. I used to use a vornado but they can develop leaks on the bottom.

The reason I use a humidifier is I found that the neck angle seemed to be shifting relative to the tuning when resting - always seemed to go high with humidity and low with the dry winter whether and the shrinking of the body was encouraging side/top separation on the acoustics...My bobKats seem to be ok in either so far.
    Bless those BobKats...ironically the guitar I'm worried about is the BobKats' cousin from 'cross the tracks, a 1960 Stratotone Jupiter!

BluesTalk Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BluesHawk View Post
    Bless those BobKats...ironically the guitar I'm worried about is the BobKats' cousin from 'cross the tracks, a 1960 Stratotone Jupiter!
    I'd be concerned about the humidity getting between the finish and wood, but that's just me and I don't know much about electrics. . Our old guitars probably have seen both dry and humid... I try to keep mine in a stable environment ...

BluesTalker
    Thanks

No, a guy in Marblehead, Bill Tippin.....a luthier
    The Guild is lookin' pretty meh the start of the season.......
    I'll start with the humidifier this week, see how it goes...
    Eventually, I'll contact him & see if he'll do it......or I can afford it...let's not forget about that....
    All of a sudden, I'll get a bug up my ass & do something about it....

Not sure if you mean your Luthier, or Scott in Buffalo. Just a heads up on Scott...he's now semi-retired from his shop and is playin some with his band. While I trust him completely, you need not go to the trouble of trying to get him to do your fix (I just wanted to give him credit for his help and exceptional expertise).

If you get a copy of Vintage Guitar Magazine you'll find a trusted, highly skilled Luthier near you. Or maybe you actually live in Buffalo

BluesTalker
    Thanks

Thanks BluesHawk

Hey, Tinsmith, just caught with the latest on Scott:

http://buffalonews.com/2013/09/14/bu...ake-the-stage/