Thanks

Default Long Time Blues Nut, And Vinyl Obsessor

Hey all,

New to the group and I love it so far. Not many of my friends are into Blues, so it's nice to find a place to talk Blues with people. I'm also really into vinyl records, so if any of you are as well then I double-bonus because we can geek out about Blues vinyl - like that Albert King & SRV 2LP 45rpm pressing of "In Session", for example.

Anyway....cheers!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to deadwax For This Useful Post:

Downhearted Beginner (04-15-2018)

BluesLover
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deadwax View Post
    Hey all,

New to the group and I love it so far. Not many of my friends are into Blues, so it's nice to find a place to talk Blues with people. I'm also really into vinyl records, so if any of you are as well then I double-bonus because we can geek out about Blues vinyl - like that Albert King & SRV 2LP 45rpm pressing of "In Session", for example.

Anyway....cheers!
    It's great to have a record collector amongst us, Deadwax. Keepin wax alive. Yep, I collect vinyl and shellac. Got a good collection of Blues 33 1/3 rpms from the 1960s to 1980s. Remember "The Real Folk Blues"" Is one in my collection...is that a series or just a compilation? It's packed away and haven't seen it in a few years. About 100 78 rpms from the 1920 to 1950s. And about 40 45 rpms.

Cheers,

Doug

BluesTalk Member
    Thanks

Hey, Deadwax!
    The only piece I have on vinyl is Buddy Guy's "Born to play the guitar" - got it autographed at his concert.
    Welcome to the group!

BluesTalk Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BluesHawk View Post
    It's great to have a record collector amongst us, Deadwax. Keepin wax alive. Yep, I collect vinyl and shellac. Got a good collection of Blues 33 1/3 rpms from the 1960s to 1980s. Remember "The Real Folk Blues"" Is one in my collection...is that a series or just a compilation? It's packed away and haven't seen it in a few years. About 100 78 rpms from the 1920 to 1950s. And about 40 45 rpms.

Cheers,

Doug
    As I recall, Muddy and Wolf both had albums called Real Folk Blues. Willie Dixon may have had one too. They were actually compilations of Chess singles and not recorded as albums. I think Muddy had More Real Folk Blues as well. Sitting here at work away from my collection I believe Wolf's album had a rocking chair on the cover.

BluesTalk Member
    Thanks

Welcome to the forum. I heard they are pressing vinyl again. Is there any new blues vinyl out there?
    Rdrokit Power channel, rock/blues & roadhouse music.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc4...9lEgoWa39iqEgA