Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BluesLover
    Thanks

Default Familiar with washburn electrics & amps?

My latest prize...a 2000 Washburn WI 64PL...any one familiar with this? About 250 were made 1999-2000.

BluesTalk Member
    Thanks

I'm not familiar with that model but I googled images of it and it's a beauty. Congrats on your NGD!
    Marky

Remember the music is not in the guitar

BluesLover
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Marky Forrest View Post
    I'm not familiar with that model but I googled images of it and it's a beauty. Congrats on your NGD!
    Hey, Marky, thanks for the feel. This Washburn plays as well as my Gibsons. Seems there are some top quality guitars & amps out there that just don't market aggressively enough to gain high visibility. Guild is an example. And Epiphone, mainly a lower-end student line, makes some excellent pro guitars.

BTW, "NGD"...?

BluesTalk Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BluesHawk View Post
    Hey, Marky, thanks for the feel. This Washburn plays as well as my Gibsons. Seems there are some top quality guitars & amps out there that just don't market aggressively enough to gain high visibility. Guild is an example. And Epiphone, mainly a lower-end student line, makes some excellent pro guitars.

BTW, "NGD"...?
    NGD is short for New Guitar Day. I'm having bad GAS (Guitar Acquisition Syndrome) and have been looking at Epiphones. Gotta love these acronyms. Lol
    Marky

BluesTalker
    Thanks

That shape is a little like your Blueshawk isn’t it?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Quill For This Useful Post:

BluesHawk (08-06-2017)

BluesTalk Member
    Thanks

Just sticking my 2 cents in. That is one beautiful guitar.
    Marky

BluesLover
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Quill View Post
    That shape is a little like your Blueshawk isnít it?
    Thanks, Marky and Quill. Yeah, it's a BluesHawk shape and size with ergonomic carves back & front. It's about 8 lbs., heavier than the BluesHawk but lighter than most Les Pauls. The tone control actually rolls the tone from pure humbucker through the subtle mixes with single coil, to the pure single coil tone. Instead of the either-or of a coil tap.

Now I'm hunting an amp, the Washburn Southside VGA 30 made about the same time and also in limited numbers.

BluesLover
    Thanks

NGD is short for New Guitar Day. I'm having bad GAS (Guitar Acquisition Syndrome) and have been looking at Epiphones. Gotta love these acronyms. Lol
    Hi, Marky. If I can offer a suggestion... the Gibson Les Paul Special with two P90s is a very good guitar. Epiphone makes em but I bet you can find a good used Gibson on Ebay...the '80s through 2014 models are sellin between $450 and $750. I got mine with OHSC for $700 and it's a great guitar.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BluesHawk For This Useful Post:

Marky Forrest (08-07-2017)

BluesTalk Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BluesHawk View Post
    Hi, Marky. If I can offer a suggestion... the Gibson Les Paul Special with two P90s is a very good guitar. Epiphone makes em but I bet you can find a good used Gibson on Ebay...the '80s through 2014 models are sellin between $450 and $750. I got mine with OHSC for $700 and it's a great guitar.
    Hi BluesHawk, thanks for your suggestion but, on Friday, I pulled the trigger on a 2017 Gibson SG Standard HP from Sweetwater. I sold my old SG Standard for nearly what I paid for it and my son threw in $200 as a surprise so my out-of-pocket didn't break the bank. I will be getting it delivered by Fed Ex Ground this Thursday. I am really looking forward to it.
    Marky

BluesLover
    Thanks

Hi BluesHawk, thanks for your suggestion but, on Friday, I pulled the trigger on a 2017 Gibson SG Standard HP from Sweetwater. I sold my old SG Standard for nearly what I paid for it and my son threw in $200 as a surprise so my out-of-pocket didn't break the bank. I will be getting it delivered by Fed Ex Ground this Thursday. I am really looking forward to it.
    Whew, nice. Brand new one! I've always liked the way SGs play. What color is it?