BluesTalker
    Thanks

Default new Fender Strat

hello people; A friend was showing me his Elite Strat he's wanting to sell. While looking at the pics I noticed something I've have not seen yet. That is there new way of neck adjustment with a wheel next to one of the pick ups. Most of you probably have seen it but he also said Music Man guitars do the same. It was new to me. Just a little bla-bla.
    IBBY

BluesTalk Member
    Thanks

What year is it and how much is he asking for it? It's a really nice guitar. Can you give more details?
    Marky

Remember the music is not in the guitar

BluesTalker
    Thanks

hello people; I do work at the same place as the guitar owner but I don't see him a lot. I saw him yesterday and he sold it for $1300 and he said he played it like 4 times.
    But do you think that rod adjustment at that location is a plus?
    IBBY

BluesTalk Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jlat View Post
    hello people; I do work at the same place as the guitar owner but I don't see him a lot. I saw him yesterday and he sold it for $1300 and he said he played it like 4 times.
    But do you think that rod adjustment at that location is a plus?
    IBBY
    That's a real good price. I've never seen the truss rod adjustment wheel in person so I reserve judgement on that but it could be good.
    Marky

Remember the music is not in the guitar

More Blues
    Thanks

IBBY-I had a Stingray Bass with the truss rod adjustment wheel like you describe. It worked like a charm! MusicMan/Ernie Ball instruments are top notch in my opinion. The only reason I sold it was that it was too heavy.

BluesTalker
    Thanks

Fender has been using that truss rod setup for about 60 years. At least for the butt end screw, not sure when the first wheels were used. Lots of custom necks use a wheel. Not for all models naturally. It adjusts equally well from either end, its just a different way. Some are accessible going between fretboard and pickguard but sometimes need to lift pickguard. Big screw in the butt (did I say that?) requires removing the neck to get to. Its not much more time to straighten a neck any of the three ways. You can spend as much time fiddling with the headstock end and dodging strings as you do removing neck.