BluesTalk Member
    Thanks

Default Amp Modelers with the Anguish of the Urban Blues

Living in a residential hotel ( the Hotel Derelict ) has it's advantages as well as it's drawbacks.
    As you may well imagine sound/noise is a concern in the neighborhood.
    Enter the Digitech GSP 1101 and the RP360. As noted in an interview that brought me to the
    GSP 1101 Dweezil Zappa said that the GSP 1101 does a good job on those old tubes amps.
    a 30 no question's asked policy, I purchased the GSP 1101 knowing full well that I wouldn't
    get stuck making lemon-aide. Yes, it's true. the device sounds good through studio monitors
    and records via the AUDIO interface directly into my DAW.
    Several version of amps are represented. The Fender Champ, Deluxe, Bassman, Brown Bassman,
    Twin, Marshall JTM 45,JCM 800, 900 and 2000, Vox ac -15 and ac-30 just to name a few
    are all represented here. Classic sounds solving a classic problem for the urban guitarist wishing
    to record in a home studio.

BluesTalker
    Thanks

I haven't heard any of these modelers yet...Boss, Kemper, Digitech...but if guys like Dweezil who seem to be more interested in tone than "vintage mojo" like them, I'm guessing they do the job as advertised.
    The warm blue glow may be becoming a thing of the past.
    As soon as all us old timers who wax poetic about our tweed and blackface things are dead and gone, maybe tone alone will rule the day.
    As for me...sometimes I turn around at a gig and think to myself, "HOLY $%&T!! TWEED BASSMAN, BABY!!!!"
    Maybe I'm shallow, but no modeler could replace that feeling.
    Like I said, though....I and my kind may be on the way out.

BluesTalk Member
    Thanks

yes a deluxe or a bassman is pretty much where the magic lives. but where I play it has to be quiet.
    as the man said exhaust all legal means. no, you are not shallow, decerning is a much more accurate perspective my friend.