BluesTalk Member
    Thanks

Default Sonny Boy Williamson & the Yardbirds circa 1963

Sonny Boy Williamson & the Yardbirds
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4qU...apwS-zDgT7RzDW Sonny Boy Williamson & the Yardbirds is a live album by Chicago blues veteran Sonny Boy Williamson II backed by English rock band the Yardbirds. It was recorded at the Crawdaddy Club in Richmond, Surrey on December 8, 1963,
    Williamson sings and/or plays harmonica on all of the songs. Although they are in a supporting role, the album also presents some of the earliest recordings by the Yardbirds, whose members included Eric Clapton on lead guitar. Numerous reissues have appeared over the years, sometimes with additional tracks recorded around the same time.
    aT THE TIME OF THE RECORDINGS RELEASE THE PICTURE OF THE YARDBIRDS CIRCA 1965 a more recent photo of the Yardbirds with Jeff Beck is (who replaced Clapton in March 1965) pictured.
    Blues cork sniffers slam the band as mediocre at best, to terrible, and yes I can hear the hesitancy to turnthe heat up. They were hired as a back up for a legend. Eric Claptons playing tone ,timing and over all playing is great never interfering with the Wizard of the Harp, show casing Sonny Boys performance exquisitly (imho)

BluesLover
    Thanks

Default Hesitant back-up band

Glad we have this history preserved. And a helpful analysis, Chemo. Thanks, I remember how excited I was to get this album in 1966...But even my teenage ears knew then that it's disappointing music.