BluesLover
    Thanks

Default Eddie "Gunner Slim" Jones

I'm trying get information on a guy who was influenced by Charlie Patton. Know anything about Eddie "Gunner Slim" Jones?

Thanks

Eddie "Gunner Slim" Jones was the mistake of the offshore proofreader for Thunder's Mouth Press. It's of course supposed to be Eddie "Guitar Slim" Jones, but the proofreader, whoever he or she was, misread my notes in the margins of the hardcopy book that I Fedexed to the editor. Such are the perils of editing and revising in hard copy instead of electronically, which I never want to do again because it enables screwups like this. I asked Thunder's Mouth Press to change this in the second printing, but they failed even to do that because they're so inefficient. They kept no record of my email messages to them about this. This is par for the course in today's publishing world, where you only get competent editorial help if you're an author who sells hundreds of thousands of copies. Alas, the Wolf book, while it'll keep selling for many years, is not in that category.

BluesLover
    Thanks

Thanks, Mark. Yours is a great, great book nonetheless. I'm reading it for the 2nd time and would never guess you had editorial disrespect and incompetence like this. More the kudos to you and James Segrest. I'm an avid reader of musician & band bios, Eric Clapton's being my favorite. Would you care to recommend one of your favorites?

Doug