Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    More Blues
    Thanks

Default Reverend Charlie Jackson

BluesTalk Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poboy581 View Post
    when i was kid i played guitar in a sanctified babtist church and there was an old woman that sang in the choir her name mother dods so i ask whats the difference between gospel music the blue she said " son there aint no difference in the music but you make that turnaround like they in blues ' you turnin round to the devil . in my opinion there are blues and there gospel bands but is no such a thing as christian blues thats gospel blues and are the opposite one say" rock me baby " the other say "rock me jesus" there is no need to make up a category called christian blues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I get what you are saying, but that seems like splitting hairs to me. Whether you say "Christian blues" or "gospel blues", it is the same. Either way, you are playing a blues style where the focus of the songs is Jesus. "A rose by any other name is just as sweet".

BluesTalk Member
    Thanks

OP>....email me at revelmark at yahoo dot com and I will mail you an album my gospel blues band released back in 2007 called "Matt and The Testifiers"

Jakeboy

BluesTalk Member
    Thanks

Will do!

For the record, I am definitely looking for more modern artists. Some of the old stuff either just doesn't do it for me or is hard to get a decent recording of. So, if you do suggest anything, Please try to make it something that has been released within the last few years. CDs go out of print so fast that they can be hard to find, and not everyone released their stuff as digital. Keep it current if you can! Thanks!