Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BluesTalk Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jakeboy View Post
    Greg Martin's project, The Mighty Jeremiahs is an incredible album.
    It rivals anything ever done in the Christian Blues genre. Jimmy Hall is on vocals.
    A desert-island album for me.

I totally forgot to add that in my list. I've had their one and only album for many years. I wish they'd do another with that lineup.

BluesTalk Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    I'm interested in Christian blues as well. I know of christianblues.net. It's mainly a Facebook page I guess. I think the majority of most known bluesman we know were christian from my studies ages ago. Though they don't genre it as Christian.

Start checking out the bands on my original post. There are some cool projects out there. Also, add to that the 4 or 5 albums by V.I.H. (Victory In Heaven) Blues Band, Brothers 'N Blues, and now even my own project by Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band. My debut album is called "When Your Time Comes".

https://youtu.be/TmmqsxziYM0?list=PL...TCuJAfKA9B441P

https://youtu.be/xKLTwp66hEo

You can get the CD or downloads here:

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/bigchrisdbarebonesband

BluesTalk Member
    Thanks

You can also add to this list the Big Black Bible Blues Band!

Blues Crazy
    Thanks

BLues started Within the church, a way for slaves to communicate and feel,human, BB KING himself was once brought i front of the bishop,of his church saying he was bringing the white mans music into the church.....when B.B. Replied NO SIR I'm trying to let the white man know we are not ignorant we have dreams, we want our children to grow up,believe in God in GOD not KKK, Neo Natzi type of people and I do hope any man who helped commit a hanging, raping ashall,burn in hell,for eternity...
    Listen to BB sings Church Gospels, which notmonly showed the blacks h was one of them bought taught them how to survive ins wold run by racist white people,

Voodoo

Btw look up,half that list n you'll,find most are plageurized, ne many many many have the word BLUES in them

Voodoo

6. The Following User Says Thank You to voodoo For This Useful Post:

homeboy (05-19-2017)

BluesTalker
    Thanks

Hey, James.
    Good to see you posting again!

Thanks

when i was kid i played guitar in a sanctified babtist church and there was an old woman that sang in the choir her name mother dods so i ask whats the difference between gospel music the blue she said " son there aint no difference in the music but you make that turnaround like they in blues ' you turnin round to the devil . in my opinion there are blues and there gospel bands but is no such a thing as christian blues thats gospel blues and are the opposite one say" rock me baby " the other say "rock me jesus" there is no need to make up a category called christian blues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

9. The Following User Says Thank You to poboy581 For This Useful Post:

homeboy (05-19-2017)

More Blues
    Thanks

[QUOTE=poboy581;73745]when i was kid i played guitar in a sanctified babtist church and there was an old woman that sang in the choir her name mother dods so i ask whats the difference between gospel music the blue she said " son there aint no difference in the music but you make that turnaround like they in blues ' you turnin round to the devil . in my opinion there are blues and there gospel bands but is no such a thing as christian blues thats gospel blues and are the opposite one say" rock me baby " the other say "rock me jesus" there is no need to make up a category called christian blues

Hey poboy...I dig what you're saying and no disrespect to mother dods but hear me out. Remember when Jesus said that it's what comes out of a man's mouth that defiles him? Remember Ephesians 6 talking about a Christian's "weapons" like the armor of God etc? The only offensive weapon Paul mentioned is the Word. So I submit that what defines a Christian song is the lyrics-period.

Now listen to Pops. Remember that this was a man who grew up alongside Robert Johnson and Son House and listened personally to Charlie Patton. Listen to his guitar playing-pure Delta Blues. Listen to his lyrics-Christian. Thus...Christian Blues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLoidzbUZak

More Blues
    Thanks

[QUOTE=poboy581;73745]when i was kid i played guitar in a sanctified babtist church and there was an old woman that sang in the choir her name mother dods so i ask whats the difference between gospel music the blue she said " son there aint no difference in the music but you make that turnaround like they in blues ' you turnin round to the devil . in my opinion there are blues and there gospel bands but is no such a thing as christian blues thats gospel blues and are the opposite one say" rock me baby " the other say "rock me jesus" there is no need to make up a category called christian blues

Hey poboy...I dig what you're saying and no disrespect to mother dods but hear me out. Remember when Jesus said that it's what comes out of a man's mouth that defiles him? Remember Ephesians 6 talking about a Christian's "weapons" like the armor of God etc? The only offensive weapon Paul mentions is the Word. So I submit that what defines a Christian song is the lyrics-period.

Now listen to Pops. Remember that this was a man who grew up alongside Robert Johnson and Son House and listened personally to Charlie Patton. Listen to his guitar playing-pure Delta Blues. Listen to his lyrics-Christian. Thus...Christian Blues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLoidzbUZak

More Blues
    Thanks

double post