Thread: Blues Novel

Thanks

Default Blues Novel

OK, I'm gonna hold my hand up and admit from the get-go that I'm trying to sell my book, but please bear with me because my blues intentions are honourable.

In 2012 I embarked on a pilgrimage to Mississippi to celebrate a landmark birthday. During this week-long road trip, my friend and I met a mysterious guy in Red's Lounge in Clarksdale. That meeting sparked the idea for a short story that turned into a full-blown novel, called Fat Man Blues, which is now available on Amazon (search for Fat Man Blues by Richard Wall).

"Hobo John" is an English blues enthusiast on a pilgrimage to present-day Mississippi. One night in Clarksdale he meets the mysterious Fat Man, who offers him the chance to see the real blues of the 1930s. Unable to refuse, Hobo John embarks on a journey through the afterlife in the company of Travellin' Man, an old blues guitarist who shows him the sights, sounds and everyday life in the Mississippi Delta. Along the way, the Englishman discovers the harsh realities behind his romantic notion of the music he loves and the true price of the deal that he has made.

So far, the book is getting good reviews, surprisingly from a lot of people who claimed to know nothing about blues music...

Thank you for your patience in getting this far...

Thanks

Just finished reading the book. Great book, loved it.