Blues Crazy
    Thanks

Cool THE BEST GUITAR KITS I HAVE FOUND....check it out !

AS ya know.... there are many companies that offer bodies n parts to build your own guitar.

Not like Carvin who does it all for ya or Warmouth and Guitar Mill who will do your finish and anything you;re willing to pay for
    the company I found and have been talking back n forth with JUST MAKES THE BODIES N NECKS.

YOU CAN get the COMPLETE KIT.....but to get EVERYTHING cost about 75-125.00 more so when ya look at the price of Humbuckers they alone cost 300 a set so I would guess these are not top shelf and you would be better off buying your own electronics NOS or from RSGUITARWORKS.... you can even get it all wired up ready to pop in.

They offer kits of the ES-335 with Humbuckers or you can ask to have the holes for P-90's and have a 330 BUT WITHOUT THE FEEDBACK since the 335 has bracing in the middle which stops feedback unlike the 330 which is a true hollow body.

They also have beautifull LES PAUL FLORENTINES, SG's, EXPLORER'S, FLYING V's, LES PAUL JR DBL CUTS and for 500.00 will make youa PROTOTYPE for just about ANY guitar you want.

They offer the bodies made of Mahogany, with Maple tops.
    You can get the wood to have a SPALTED TOP which shows all the grain as it is naturally ( beautifull) or you can get it
    FLAME OR TIGER TOPPED or you can get it in QUILT TOP or go for the bottom end and get a quality top that is for PAINTING !!!!

Most kits are a 4 bolt kit made like EPIPHONES or FENDERS, but for a few extra bucks IF YOU HAVE THE JIG and feel comfy doing it this way.
    You can get a neck and body with a perfecty squared neck socket and GLUE IT !!!!
    I personally am getting a LP FLORENTINE KIT for HUMBUCKERS AND A ES-335 with P90's and an ES-335 with Humbuckers.

BTW if you order more than 3 at one time you can get a great discount. So I added in a LP JR and got all 4 for less than 900.00 shipped.

These are great cause the wood is SO GORGEOUS with the GRAIN that a little imagination and some DYE's and you can have a GORGEOUS AX that can breathe and looks FANTASTIC.

The necks can have EBONY or ROSE WOOD on either MAPLE or MAHOGANY with DOTS or DBL parralellograms on em'
    FOR a few bucks more you can go from WHITE PEARL inlay to ABOLONE.

As you guys know I would NOT reccomend anything I have not seen or done myself.

Well I had no idea that this kit my buddy was building when he had me over to give his LP FLORENTINE the JIMMY PAGE set up with
    2 -59ers from Seymour Duncan and 4 push pull pots.

With some imagination he went with an idea I had for finish and what we did was DILUTE EBONY MINIWAX STAIN and rub it in where most of the BLACK VEINS were in the wood and lightley on the rest of the maple top then take bleach diluted in water and then WIPE OFF an extra residu.
    We then added some NATURAL miniwax stain and then you have your choice of adding a GLOSS FINISH, MATTE FINISH or what I like is what Idid to my STRAT,,,, just use OIL and rub it in,,,, using some elbow grease each coat of oil darkens it a bit.
    Once I got to the preferred color I stopped and used old time HAND WAX

Sure it is hard and takes a lot of elbow grease but the tones you get from wood the breathes vs one that all the ours are closed n filled with basically a hardened plastic are fantastic !!!!!!

So if you want a 335 or a LP FLORENTINE but just can;t see puttingout 3 grand plsu for the 335 and buying a LP FLORENTINE off someone as they are usually sold out before the public knows as they are madein lotsof 15 or 25 once a year and are priced near 5 grand.

Here you can have it as you want for under..... say 650.00 after you add the electronics, tuners, bone nut, stop tail or Bigsby ajack and a few odds n ends.
    You'll have a guitar EXACTLY sounding n lookiing as you want it with the style , color hardware YOU want again leaves you in control .

THE WEBSITE IS http://www.rmolsonguitars.com/

If you want ANYTHING different from is kits or only want the neck n body, or want it glueable vs four bolt connector be sure to call him and get it al in writing before you place you order.

BTW his job with the binding is PERFECT !!!!!
    HIS TIGER FLAME TOPS MATCH unlike Gibson......
    THE QUILT TOPS ARE AS GOOD AS THE LESPAUL CLASS 5 ELEGANT's
    My favorite choice is the SPALTED MAPLE.....
    I like NATURAL wood showing it;s natural grains..... being able to NOT fill the pours of the wood up with paint or tons of NITRO finish, gives you a great tone...... makes it sound like an old guitar !!!!

But the great part is IT IS YOUR CHOICE>

SO I am satisfied with what I sw with my buddies kit and for 725.00 he has a gorgoues NATURAL LP FLORENTINE, he bought a set of early
    70's T-top humbuckers and it sounds fantastic.

So rather than buy one and wonder did I get real wood or a RICHLITE neck....
    Having to get it all set up from scratch as the factory did a crap job.
    You can get an uncut NUT and file it to fit your height for action and to fit the size strings perfectly, and with the headstock being so close to Gibson;s you can buy the kit for a broken neck and get the fiber board glued on and then put on the VIYNL top part that says Gibson and has the FLOWER POT or the DIAMOND for CUSTOMS.

But YOU can NOT or should NOT put numbers on for then you will be FORGING and breaking patent rights.....
    Not to mention if someone knows you;re adding the real Gibson headstock cover they may think you are trying to sell em as Gibson;s....
    Personally I have my won decals made up for MY BRAND of guitars and amps I build.

GO CHECK it out..... BY spring you could have yourself one GREAT AX for under a GRAND !!!!!

enjoy.....

If anyone decided to go with this guy let me know.......I'll be busy this year I guess sicne I have 4 kits coming !!!!!

James

If youare looking for a great kit amp METRAPOLIS AMPS has 305 kits made to copy the GREAT MARSHALL BLUESBREAKERS.
    From the 18 watter , the JTM-45, The 50 and 100 watters are available for under 700.00. The JTM-45 is about 500.00 and if ya found one it would cost ya every bit of 5,000.00 and this sounds so close NO WAY would I ever spend 5 grand on an amp..... unless 5 grand was the same as 5 centsis to me today !!!lol

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to voodoo For This Useful Post:

Marky Forrest (11-28-2017), Teleblooz (01-31-2012)

Blues Crazy
    Thanks

Apparently no-one is intrested in building there won but I wanted to say my friend who builds custom ax;s has orderd a LP Florentine n a ES-335 kit...NO ELECTRONICS n HARDWARE as he will buy all TOP GRADE hardware, electronis n pups.

I'l kep this updated as far as quality asI knowhis site makes it hard to see what you are really getting.

James

Former Member
    Thanks

I thnk it would be a lot of fun to create your own ES-335...But after I put it together, I couldn't even tune the damn thng!

BluesLover
    Thanks

I can't imagine being able to do it right now. I wouldn't mind another Tele at some point but I have a heck of a lot on at the moment one way or the other.
    History is only important when you are making it

Thanks

This may be an old post but a lot of people read it.... my webpage traffic counter tells me about every one who comes from this post.

Just to let you know, I still sell guitar kits and have the Ollandoc which is like a Languedoc.

I actually don't sell guitars with bolt on necks and all the guitar kits I sell will come with the neck already glued in place.
    Thanks rmolsonguitars

Thanks

Default Just want to thank everyone who is visiting my site.

Quote Originally Posted by rmolsonguitars View Post
    This may be an old post but a lot of people read it.... my webpage traffic counter tells me about every one who comes from this post.

Just to let you know, I still sell guitar kits and have the Ollandoc which is like a Languedoc.

I actually don't sell guitars with bolt on necks and all the guitar kits I sell will come with the neck already glued in place.
    Thanks rmolsonguitars

I just checked my traffic counter and found here on Friday November 24th that many forum member are visiting my site. Just want to let you know that I am starting a new production run for guitar kits and finished models. If you want something special built... pm me or visit my site. Thanks rmolsonguitars
    RM OLSON Guitars - Home of the Ollandoc
    Plus we sell all types of quality guitar kits.
    www.rmolsonguitars.com

8. The Following User Says Thank You to rmolsonguitars For This Useful Post:

BluesHawk (11-25-2017)

BluesLover
    Thanks